WORK WITH US
POSITION: STRATEGIC PARTNERS EVENT MANAGER
The Strategic Partners EVENT MANAGER will facilitate and execute all event logistic requirements for the 2017 edition of Strategic Partners. Working with the Strategic Partners Program Manager and the Atlantic Film Festival Executive Director and Management team, this position will ensure the event logistics associated with Strategic Partners will maintain the overall high level of presentation this event enjoyed in 2016 and years previous. This position will work directly with the Directors or Managers to ensure that, within the Association's ability to provide, all requirements are met.
The Strategic Partners EVENT MANAGER is responsible for all logistics execution around events and guests at the 2017 Strategic Partners. This is a crucial role working as a direct report to the Executive Director and the Strategic Partners Program Manager in addition to directing other department staff as needed to ensure success. Key responsibilities include the successful delivery of delegate experience, pre-planned meetings, keynotes, panels, receptions and other events held for Strategic Partners delegates.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Daily supervision of the Strategic Partners support staff (Strategic Partners Assistant and Hospitality Coordinator), working with the Festival to hire and provide mentoring, ensuring all aspects of the delivery of Strategic Partners are completed.
• Refine the Strategic Partners Operations Manual as internal responsibilities and work schedule flow shifts and adjusts.
• Ensure consistent communications with all departments to ensure all aspects of Strategic Partners event design, deliverables and deadlines are followed.
• Oversee the marketing, communications and promotion of Strategic Partners working with Strategic Partners Program Manager and the Marketing & Communications team as well as outsourced agencies & designers.
• Work with the Partnership team to ensure partnership opportunities are maximized for the event, all contract deliverables are met, and final reports are submitted before deadlines.
• Work closely with the IT department to ensure the annual update of all documents, web-forms, databases and design materials, ensuring they are current and accurate.
• Work with Web App designers to ensure Strategic Partners delivers the best ‘delegate catalogue’ solution to delegates.
• Working with the Marketing & Communications team, execute publicity and media relations for the 2017 Strategic Partners event.
• Work closely with the Operations and contract team to ensure the organizational accuracy of event at the Festival Host Hotel, oversee BEO’s, transport, registration, hospitality, technical coordination, menus, catering etc.
• Research and input potential Strategic Partners delegates into the delegate database based on industry websites, articles, programmer’s travel reports and comments from previous years.
• Work with Strategic Partners team to pre-schedule up to 1000 1-2-1 meetings.
• Work with Management team to identify and manage Strategic Partners volunteers.
• Oversee creation and implementation of exit surveys with Strategic Partners team.
• Create event analytics (including demographic statistics) report based on survey results.
• Complete all Strategic Partners related funding applications and reports materials as necessary.
• Keep ongoing notes to hand over to the SP Assistant at the end of your contract to create final wrap report of all Strategic Partners activities including program areas requiring attention/recommendations.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings and providing updates on current Strategic Partners initiatives and events. Ensure the Strategic Partners Program Manager is kept in the loop on all Strategic Partners related tasks and challenges.
• Participate in professional development and on-site training activities as required.
• Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications Manager and Operations Manager to ensure accurate budgeting and accounting for Strategic Partners.
• Previous experience in event management and/or hospitality industry would be an asset.
• Proven ability to manage people as well as conflicting deadlines.
• Proven ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills in a high-pressure environment.
• Knowledge of film production industry would be an asset.
• Apple (Mac) and Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
EMPLOYMENT: contract (April 18 – September 18, 2017)
REMUNERATION: $20,000.00 (Contract Fee)
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Strategic Partners EVENT MANAGER position, please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please have “Strategic Partners Event Manager Application” in the subject line.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 22, 2017
No phone calls please.
The Atlantic Film Festival Association is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you to everyone who submits an application. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.